Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Masculine Gift Box

Having 2 boys means I'm always having to think of creative ways to make masculine things. My son was off to yet another party and I had to create a card.  These days all the kids want to give are gift cards.  Works for me no bows, bags, wrapping paper... just a wee card load with a few bucks!
 
One of my new favorite dies is the Tim Holtz Pillow Box Die.  You'll be seeing a lot of this die in the coming weeks.  It holds gift cards perfectly!
 
Cutting on grunge board the H & B from the Word Play die, paint it black then I mounted it on my gears border die cut with acetate. 

 
This Pillow Box Die comes with 3 labels.  So I used 2 of them and stamped from Scrappy Moms Stamps this "For You" from Hooray for Birthday's set.
 
 
I cut 3 of gears again on grunge from the Movers and Shapers wee gears and the middle gear from the Gadget Gears die:)  Some embossing powder and glitter finish it off.  This Pillow Box can fit multiple cards.

 
You can also run the pillow box cut through your favorite embossing folder.  Then add a little ink to make it pop.

 
It's a great way to give gift cards, money or small treats.  What boy wouldn't want to get this along with some cash to go towards a favorite video game!
 
Thanks for popping in and checking out my Masculine Gift Box:)
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Nice to see something a little different. This is perfect for a teen boy. TFS

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK now I have to go get that embossing folder lovely idea and with 3 grandsons I can see using this.. Well done take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's perfect for a guy, and I agree gift cards are sooooo easy. I wish I could give more of them! LOL

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 4 boys and 2 grandsons-this is fantastic.I will be using this idea for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift box. I'll have to look for that pillow box die. Great masculine project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have four grandsons so this idea is perfect! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts