Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

One 12x12 Birthday Mini Album

My AWESOME daughter Mercedes is 17 today!  WOW!!!! 
 
I am so excited to show you the birthday card or is it a mini album I made for her.  This cool mini uses one 12x12 sheet of paper...then of course all the rest of you paper.  What I thought was going to take a couple hours to make this turned into almost 7!  I just kept adding!  I found this great tutorial while I was on PINTEREST.  Check out this great photo tutorial HERE.
 
I needed a piece of twine to help it stay closed.  You'll see why as you scroll:)
FACT: My daughter is an avid speed reader.
 
I used a little water colour paper for my Blueprint Birthday Cupcake.  I use the Distress Inks and a blender pen to colour my stamped image.
FACT: My daughter is super talented at Nail Art!
 
As you start to open the mini album the layers unfold.
FACT: My daughter has over 140 bottles of Nail Polish.  That's more dies than I own.
 
The Mini mustache has the silver twine glued on it, heated with a heat gun and inked with some Walnut Stain Distress Paint.
FACT: My daughter loves these mustaches, so it only seems fitting she gets a page of them.
 
I embossed distress paper with the diamond plate folder, stamped "LONDON" and attached this Tag I saved from her shopping trip to Beatles Love, Las Vegas last year. 
FACT: My daughter adores The Beatles and Paul is her favourite Beatle. She went to see Paul in concert last year in Vancouver.  Her Dad flew her out for the ultimate Father Daughter Date:)

Folding out the pocket on the right end is fantastic hiding a tag!
FACT: My daughter loves to write!  As the Beatles song goes "I wanna be a paper back writer"
 
Stamping on some scrap water colour paper, this sentiment is stamped with Archival Black.  I taped off the words I wanted to stand out and coloured them with markers. 
FACT: My daughter loves animals and is a huge fan of Killer Whales.
 
This right pocket is created during the tutorial.  I'm not a big user of pattern paper but I did use it here and there.
FACT: My daughter loves Vintage Things...a girl after my own heart!
 
Surprise, a #5 tag is a great spot to write a Birthday sentiment!
FACT: My daughter still holds my hand whenever we go to Disneyland.  And that just melts my heart.
Once opened this 12x12 Mini is fantastic!  The left side of the mini I offset to break up the symmetry.
FACT: My daughter LOVES all things British!

Another #5 Tag for another sentiment, inked to go with the British flag.  I cut, distressed the "17" and popped in the Postage Stamp.
FACT: My daughter has infectious laugh and that is so fun!
 
 
I couldn't make this card/ mini album without adding a few British touches.  It ties in with the British bedroom theme we built her last year!  And her BEATLES Gift I made her!
FACT: My daughter secretly wants to live at Hogwarts;)  I know it!
Another layer and a teeny tag layered with Rubs.  Another options for a birthday wish!
FACT: My daughter is soooo much like her Mom it drives her nuts;p  MWAHAHAHA!
 
The scrap of this cool paper is attached to the bottom flap.  I love the break.  I rubbed the #1 to the enamel tag and attached the metal "7" with the tiny attacher.
FACT: My daughter is also a HUGE Elvis fan!  Much to the delight of her Nani:)
 
Once opened and lined up the Gentleman adds a cool element. 
FACT: My daughter knows who she is and is not easily swayed. 
 
Adding the little tag for a spot to write a birthday wish makes exploring this mini more fun. 
FACT: My daughter was 14 days over due and she was the first baby I had ever held.
 
Now you see why I needed to tie this Mini off with twine.
FACT: My daughter has a great style in every aspect of her life!
 
****HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERCEDES****
She is beautiful inside and out.  She makes me proud and I am a better person for knowing her.  I love watching her grow into the woman she is becoming. 
 
 Thanks for checking out her Mini Album/ Birthday Card.  I hope you read the cool facts about my daughter.  I don't want to be the only one to know how great she is!

Comments

  1. This is So AWESOME... I am sure she is in love with it.. wonderful Daughter.. Great mum.. take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. Her favourite part was the British Flag;!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Mercedes. Great birthday card/album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful daughter and a very cool album! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did this - all of the details and the thoughts behind them are perfect. Happy Birthday to Mercedes and many congrats to you for your fabulous mini and even more fabulous kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so freakin talented! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERCEDES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you so much:) She really loved it and all the other goodies she got. She is now up to 50 records!!!!

      Delete
  6. Hello Nicole, So glad I found your blog. I love your work and am now following. Karen,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a fantastic birthday gift!!! Happy 17th Birthday to Mercedes!!! Hope it's a fantastic day!
    Thanks for playing along with the London challenge at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading all the facts about Mercedes. She sounds like a wonderful daughter! I love how you captured the London feel in your mini album/card! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Drunken Stampers! Happy Birthday Mercedes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my- your mini album- big card is fabulous and very British- at least to this American! And thanks for sharing the tidbits about your daughter- she sounds amazing and you have every right to be very proud! Happy Birthday Mercedes! And thanks for sharing your incredible project with the Drinken Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I hope your daughter keeps this forever! Thanks for sharing this with us Drunken Stampers. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a labor of love! This is awesome Nicole and a Happy Birthday to your daughter! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers London challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a heart warming post Nicole.
    It sounds like your daughter is pretty awesome (just like her mom).
    Happy VERY belated Birthday Mercedes.
    Love this tiny book with the flip pockets, so cool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts