Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Art with Heart- Fresh Ideas

 
This is my first Art with Heart Challenge for the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team.  This month theme is Fresh Ideas!  Anyone can play along and there's an awesome prize, the 3D Oven die from the Vintage Kitchen collection.  I love this die.
 
I just came on board.  So I was pretty short on time.  But I am sharing the new Train Case debuting at CHA.   
 
 
 
 I love anything like this that I can tuck gifts into like a gift card, cash...or Pandora.  This adorable Train case offers more than enough space to tuck away secret treasures.   
 
 
One of my favorite dies from the new release the possibilities are endless!
 
 
I before assembling I sprayed the case with Vintage Photo distress spray stain.  Easy peasy!

 
I distressed the edges and added some walnut stain ink so it looks like a well worn travel case.

 
I LOVE these little hinges.  I inked them with Antique Bronze distress paint.

 
I used grungepaper for the "leather strapping" and it looks amazing.  All the stamps belonged to my Grandmother.  I thought they would be perfect for this case.

 
I decided to create some "stacked" luggage with the blocks/cubes die.
 
I decorated the inside of the train case with paper.  Then added this wee jar full of buttons my grandmother had. 
 
I wrapped the box in burlap then added this awesome little metal pull.
 
More stamps...
 
The lower box is adorned with more paper, some foiled paper embossed and a metal buckle.
 
I added more stamps on the lid.

The latch is perfect when inked with antique bronze paint and distressed.
This little case suits my style I'd say.
 
Here's my Train Case at CHA.  Along with the rest of the awesome samples created by the Design Team.
 
 
 
My inspiration... a Steamer Trunk I have in my guest room.  We believe it was in use in the mid to late 1800's due to it's domed lid.  The later models were flat for traveling abroad on the steam ships.  These were built in Montreal.  The world leader in Steamer Trunks at the time.
 
 
Be sure to check out the DT's amazing Vintage Travel Project's HERE!  They will be sharing their work too.  I have the final CHA Release posting next week so don't miss it!
 
Don't miss playing along with the Art for Heart Challenge- Fresh Ideas!  Click HERE to enter.
 
http://www.eileenhull.com/2015/01/art-with-heart-challenge-january-fresh-ideas.html
 
 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. Gorgeous Nicole, love the straps and the aged feel you have achieved. The boxes inside look fab. Hugs. So good to have you on the team. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you decorated your train case Nicole and I really love the trunk that inspired you too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Nicole, you definitely have me sold on this die.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I saw it at the show and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sample with that new die Nicole! Wow, both the inside and the outside look fantastic! All your makes look just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this what an amazing job looks so real

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely spectacular!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on these dies! I am going to be making tons and tons of these to give my famous fudge to friends and family! Thanks for sharing all the tips to make it look even more vintage!!! I am actually salivating over this awesome set of dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the little details on this super cute travel case! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts