Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Menacing Monstrosity

I had every intention of creating a Tag for this months 12 Tags of 2015 October Tag.  As I was on my way to the #10 Tag I planned on using I saw one of my 4x6 canvases and then this happened. When I create I always have an idea or I follow a technique.  I am not a planner so I go with what catches my creative fancy in that moment. 
I really like the new Sizzix Monster die so this guy had to creepy my project.  I could only pick one so this is the one I went with!  
(I want all the dies but my budget and I don't always agree)



I wanted him to be metal.  Since I don't have any metallic paper I looked at what I do have to achieve this metal look... alcohol inks!  I started by cutting my Monster with Ranger's Glossy Paper.


You can't even tell he is made out of paper.  


I love this bright Halloween Canvas using distress spray stains wilted violet, carved pumpkin and twisted citron.


On the canvas I used the Halloween stencil and texture paste after I inked. To get the colours more intense I used distress inks.  


Look at this wee brush bottle tree inked as candy corn using carved pumpkin and fossilized amber distress spray stains.  


I was planning on misting the crinkle ribbon to bleed the carved pumpkin and twisted citron...BUT... I left it ;)


More alcohol inks with botanical on the trophy I cut in half.


I inked the Toil and Trouble Alpha parts with a punch of carved pumpkin distress paint.


I decided he needed a bow tie so an alpha parts bat and spider will do.


I attached the inked up clip to the top and another spider.


The side is stamped with this saying from the Undertaker set.  Also here you can see where I cut the trophy in half.  BTW... the other half did not make it.


I offset the eyes so they look droopy! 


With the bright colours of the canvas this muted metallic monster pops!


Even though it's not a tag I plan on using it as apart of my Halloween Display.  I hope your creating something creepy!  

Happy Haunting... with some creepy challenges.

Tim Holtz- 12 Tags of 2015 
Frilly and Funkie- Something Wicked


 
 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. Fabulous rendition! LOVE the clip board clip, and the tree! Awesome take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I could only go for one too. As much as I love the zombie I am really drawn to the monster now too, you have made him look amazing! I love the droopy eyes! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you monster!!!!!beautiful and frighteful! As always an incredible project! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea to use the tag design in this way Nicole! Love the metallic version. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts